Thank you for signing up!
Everyone who volunteers for Open Bethlehem needs to sign up to our data protection policy. Have a read through and if you are happy, please add your name and agreement. Thank you!
Confidentiality and Data Protection – guidelines for volunteers
In the course of your volunteering here at Open Bethlehem, you may come into contact with and use confidential information. That information might be about people, such as names and addresses or even information about people's circumstances. It might be about technical, commercial or financial matters. We have to make sure individuals and other organisations can trust us so it’s vital everyone understands what information they can and cannot share.
What we’ll do to help you:
- explain to you what information you can and cannot access
- give guidance on what you can and cannot share.
What you need to do to help us:
- You must not divulge any of our company information or any information we have regarding others to anyone outside of Open Bethlehem.
- You must ensure that you lock away any personal data relating to an individual before leaving it unattended.
- If you are accessing information on our databases, you must not use this for any unlawful reason and you must not copy our information on paper or otherwise.
- You must make sure you take steps from unauthorised people being able to access the data.
We have a Data Protection policy which explains our rules and guidelines relating to working with personal information and helps staff ensure that they do not breach the Data Protection Act 1998, which provides strict rules in this area. This equally applies to our volunteers and it is important that you keep our information safe.
If you are in any doubt about what you may or may not do, seek advice from your supervisor. No one should make assumptions about sharing confidential information with other employees, volunteers or organisations. If you are not sure about what information you may share then please talk to your supervisor. If they are not available, then please take down the query and any details and your supervisor will deal with the matter.
You will be unable to continue your work with Open Bethlehem Ltd if you breach these rules, and a serious breach will result in a report. If you ever have any worries at all remember to ask Sara or Leila for guidance.
I understand what I’m being asked to do and will follow the guidelines so that Open Bethlehem can continue to be trusted and respected by all its audiences and supporters.Sign up